Sport - BTEC
BTEC Level 2 First Award in Sport
BTEC Firsts are NQF Level 2 qualifications designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give Students the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The course requires students to have a genuine interest in physical education and sport.
Successful candidates enjoy PE and Sport and are involved with sports teams/training outside of school.
Vocational Based Course
The course will be made up of four units; two in Year 10 and two in Year 11. Three of the units will be internally assessed via assignments completed in class. One of the assignments will be assessed through a one hour onscreen test.
- Internally assessed units: The students are given scenario based on the criteria to complete the assignment for each unit
- Externally assessed units: the students are will required to complete notes and revision sessions in preparation for the onscreen test
- Unit 1 - Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Unit 2 - Practical Sports Performance
- Unit 5 - Training for Personal Fitness
- Unit 6 - Leading Sports Activities
BTEC FIRST 0 Revise BTEC Sport Revision Guide (Pearson)
Successful completion of the BTEC Level 2 at a Merit standard will allow students to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Sport at Oxted School.
Mr S Owen - email@example.com