UCAS Early Entry
We encourage our students to have aspirational goals for their future. The UCAS Early Entry (Oxford and Cambridge) Group supports students who set their aims high.
The Sixth Form Team are very keen to support the students who want to apply for places at Oxford and Cambridge as well as those who are intending to apply to study medicine, dentistry or veterinary science/medicine.
In January every year, a group is set up for these students after Sixth Form students complete an online survey to find out their plans for degree study and beyond. Meeting at lunchtime, the group go through the Oxted School 'Guide to Oxbridge' to start planning for the different stages of application to top Universities. Throughout the year a range of trips and speakers are arranged to make sure the group have all the information they need to have the best chance of success. During this academic year the following visits have been arranged:
- University of Cambridge – Churchill College and King’s College
- University of Oxford – St Hilda’s College
- Oxford and Cambridge Outreach Conference – Epsom Racecourse
- Caterham School – Oxford and Cambridge Preparation Information Evening
As well as these visits the following speakers have come in to school to speak to the group:
- John H – ex-Oxted School student who is now studying Maths at University of Cambridge
- Dr Matt Bullimore, Admissions at Churchill College, University of Cambridge
- Local Oxted resident and ex-University of Oxford student
In addition to these trips and speakers, the group are given plenty of support with creating personal statements as well as preparing for the interview process. Students who are applying for these course often have to sit additional exams including the STEP maths papers, BMAT and UCAT. These exams can be taken at Oxted School.
For further information about applications to Oxford or Cambridge or for medicine, dentistry or veterinary science/medicine, please contact Mrs A Dove, Head of Sixth Form (email@example.com) or Mrs L’Estrange, Sixth Form Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).